Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Teacher, Sarah




I have been going to a class on Sundays at my day camp, Best Friends, for almost nine months now. Today is the last class that I will ever have with my teacher, Sarah. She is moving to Alabama because she has a new job. She is going to develop programs that will help doggies in shelters be more adoptable. You know how when you go to a shelter and some dogs just sit in the back of their kennel and everyone passes them over even though they might have made the absolute BEST pet ever? Well, she has ideas to teach them to come to the front, say hello and have a better chance. She has lots of other ideas too, like teaching them little tricks like putting their paw up on the kennel for a 'high five' when someone looks at them. Anyway, she is moving this week, so today is my last class.

Sarah is really good at teaching tricks, and helping us dogs get ready for things like the AKC Canine Good Citizen test and therapy pet tests and just all sorts of things. I, along with my mom and dad, will miss her lots, but we know that lots more dogs at this shelter in Alabama will now find homes because of Sarah.

We are giving her a good bye present today. My mom made it and the card too. It's to carry lots of stuff in for her new job. I hope she fills it with treats for all the new doggies she is going to meet.

No comments: