Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday's Makers



Monday Maker’s is a new weekly feature highlighting the creative among us who also sell their items on line or privately. Today’s guest is Melinda.

1) Thank you for doing this interview, Melinda! Let’s start out with you telling us about your craft.

I don't have one specific craft.  I usually see something I like and wonder to myself if I can make it.  Sometimes I can do it and other times I make a horrible mess of it.  I make wreaths, wooden leash holders, wooden signs, and am currently trying to make bows for furbabies to wear. 

2) Is crafting something you’ve always been interested in or maybe once was a hobby?

I've always liked doing crafty things.  It takes my mind off things and relaxes me. 

3) Do you have a schedule you follow for your creativity or are you more relaxed, maybe waiting for inspiration?

I don't have a schedule for crafting. I get into it for a while and then take a break...I think it comes when I see something that "inspires" me. 

4) Where do you find your inspiration? 

I find inspiration everywhere.  But I'm pulled more towards things that I would like in my own home or around me. 

5) What are your favorite colors to use? 

Of course my favorite color is purple but I love all colors, I like to mix and match colors just to see if they will go together. 

6) Do you have any advice for someone considering entering the craft market place?

The only advice I can give someone for crafting is to go for it.  Most people think they can't...it's too hard, when in reality it's usually not as hard as it might look.  Just go for it---you might find a creative side you never knew you had.  

Thank you so much, Melinda! If someone is interested in Melinda’s work, you can see more of it and contact her here: BeeMee's Designs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have seen Melnda's work, love it, now I can read about the gal behind the work.